October 16th: According to the World Spine Day Organization, millions of people across the globe suffer from varying spinal disorders, which also costs our heath care systems billions of dollars. Among these disorders, low back pain is the most common and can have a grave impact on our everyday lives.
Research shows that poor posture and inactivity are the main culprits behind the development of back pain and spinal disorders. The World Health Organization reveals that one in four adults and over 80% of adolescent population are not active enough. This year, on October 16th, the World Spine Day theme celebrates “Your Back in Action.” Our bodies were built to move.
At BackJoy, our mission is to improve our customers’ quality of life by helping them maintain a healthy back and relieve pain through better posture. No one should sit all day – inactivity is killing us. But when you do have to sit, we recommend using a BackJoy to enable pelvic movement and proper posture. BackJoy will rock your pelvis and hips forward, engage the core and unlock the burden of your spine to reduce pressure and pain. Don’t forget to take a break every 30-45 minutes to give your body some time to move around. On World Spine Day (and everyday), we encourage you to get Your Back in Action, and get up and move! Here’s why action is important to long term health:
- Action means bigger and stronger muscles
- Action keeps your weight in control and increases metabolism
- Action enables full range of motion and helps to avoid injury
- Action builds bone mass and lowers the risk of osteoporosis
- Action increases brain function and energy
- Action strengthens the immune system
- Action will keep you looking and feeling younger