The “Get Your Awesome On!” Eating plan is all about eating well and fully enjoying the experience from shopping to preparing to eating. The plan is built on powerful and inspiring principles of health and wellness.
- Mediterranean style eating: The plan is built on “clean eating,” inherent to the Mediterranean Diet, which hundreds of studies show to be one of the most effective eating plans to help prevent a variety of chronic diseases and promote a high level of vitality and overall longevity. Rich in fiber, healthy fats, lean proteins and metabolically supportive complex carbohydrates, the plan is both easy to follow and fully delicious! The Mediterranean style of eating is naturally rich in antioxidants, which have anti-aging and disease-preventing benefits. This plan is rich in a variety of colors; the broader the range in colors, the greater the antioxidant power! Focus on eating a rainbow of colors every day!
- Meal Frequency: Chances are that you will be eating more often than you are accustomed to in the past. Paramount to sustained energy, powerful metabolism and overall well-being is to support the maintenance of balanced blood sugar and hormonal harmony. This is naturally achieved by following the meal plan and by honoring your physiological needs of eating every three hours during the day.
- Post workout performance nutrition: Your body is ready to put your fat burning machinery into overdrive directly after you complete your workout. The key to making this happen is two-fold: Be sure to eat within 30 minutes after your workout AND consume between 10 and 15 grams of protein and 10 to 30 grams of carbohydrates (depending on how long and hard you were exercising). This performance practice will help to insure that your muscles will be adequately “re-fueled” to insure proper and healthful recovery to power your next workout. Protein is necessary to repair and build the muscle that you just broke down. Quick science/physiology lesson: exercise creates something called catabolism, which simply means the breakdown of tissue. In order to get your body back into an anabolic state, which insures that you are building lean muscle and burning fat, you need to be anabolic. If you miss eating the right food within the right time you will miss the most metabolically powerful time of your day and your results will suffer.
- Promote your natural Growth Hormone: Human Growth Hormone (HGH) is very powerful. HGH is a natural substance produced by the body. It peaks in our teen years and slowly declines thereafter. With its decline coupled with unhealthy lifestyle habits (high stress, high sugar, lack of exercise, lack of quality sleep, imbalanced eating) we further add insult to injury and literally fast-forward the aging process. The Positivity Plan is built to naturally support healthy hormone balance. Combined with the exercise principles we have outlined, you will help your body to produce GH naturally and support your brain, body and Spirit in thriving no matter what your age!
- One of the keys to success is remembering to be flexible. Learning how to eat a whole foods diet is a process of self-discovery. The foods in this plan are more nutrient- and fiber-dense, and thus should be much more satisfying. Occasionally we list after-dinner snack/dessert options. We feel you should limit these “treats” to twice a week. If you love chocolate, for example, you may choose to replace either the afternoon snack or the evening snack with a few squares of dark chocolate. Of course, we don’t recommend doing that at night because the caffeine in the chocolate may interfere with your sleep.
What you can expect from the “Get Your Awesome On!” eating plan?
- Expanded health and wellbeing
- Increased energy and vitality
- A more fit physique
- Enjoyment of abundant fresh, delicious food from detailed recipes and menu plans
- Focus, commitment and accountability to gain the health you desire
- Support and encouragement of a group of like minded others
- Tremendous satisfaction